Anyone with pets can attest that our furry friends bring joy to your home. Should you be worried about exposing them to COVID-19 or vice versa?
The risk of humans contracting COVID-19 from animals are low, but we can give the virus to animals – with cats and ferrets being more likely to get it than dogs.
Here are some tips to help keep your furry family members safe:
- Don’t let pets interact with people outside of your household.
- Keep cats indoors.
- Walk dogs on a leash and keep them (and you) at least six feet away from other people.
- Avoid crowded dog parks and other crowded places.
- Avoid direct contact with pets if you are sick.
- If you are sick, wear a face covering and wash your hands before and after you interact with your pets.