S i x. F e e t. A p a r t. Three words, one phrase that are now a part of our everyday language.
As pandemic cases surge, we must continue to take simple precautions to help reduce the chances of COVID-19 infection and to help reduce the spread of it. One simple precaution that we should continue practicing: social distancing.
Social distancing doesn’t mean you need to isolate yourself for weeks – it’s about being smart with your interactions with others.
Here are some tips on how to continue to leverage social distancing:
- Avoid handshakes, hugs, and kisses.
- Maintain at least 6 feet distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing and sneezing.
- If you are not feeling well – stay home until you recover. Avoiding contact with others and visits to medical facilities will allow these facilities to operate more effectively and help protect you and others from possible COVID-19 and other viruses.
- Do not attend events where there are mass gatherings.
- Carry hand sanitizer with you.